Thursday, April 3, 2008

a blog for goodbye

here we go again, boxes packed, gas tank full, apartment empty but filled with memories. all the things i go through everytime the assignment's over, the goodbyes and hugs and tears. i will be back, it's a promise, maybe not right after this next assignment (wouldn't california in the summer be divine?) but in september for sure. houston or austin.
there are so many things about this city i'll miss. lately i've become addicted to running around rice, the nice, shady trees, the beautiful people sharing the same path, all of us sweaty and in our own world of determination.

here, as opposed to yuma, there are endless possibilities for great sushi. my favorite? aka on west alabama. their seaweed salad and bricktown roll are to die for!

then there are the less superficial things, things other than food and working out.
things like friendships made, people who've created their own little space (or big) in my heart.
Sarah (aka Weezy) was one of my best friends in houston. our nights out together usually included the above favorite sushi place and a night of drinking wine and dirty vodka martinis (my new drink of choice, other than red wine). her smile, her infectious laughter and everything about her is positive and i will miss her goodhearted nature.

then there's the family, being close to those i love most.
the little girl who makes faces identical to mine, who is silly and ridiculously smart and can always make me laugh. she is my mini-me and i'm going to miss her a million times more than her 5year old mind could fathom.




of course there are other family members i love and will miss, my dad and stepmom and my joshua. my uncle rick and aunt amy.
and then the trips home....oh the trips home. i will miss being close to corpus and my friends and family. but it was fun while i had it available. and i can't wait to settle in texas for good so that it's easier to do this.




and then there's him. a big part of the reason i came in the first place. i can't blog anymore about how much i like him, about how he's won my heart... it didn't work out that way. but he was a learning experience, a realization of what it is i really want and need. and although it was also the thought of him that has pushed me towards an assignment away from texas, i can now appreciate the experience, we learn from our mistakes.

so maybe it isn't a blog about goodbyes, but instead, see ya later. a blog about how this city made me fall in love with so many things that i haven't in previous towns. everything here is wonderful and now that i'm getting ready to move it makes me all the more ready to move back when i'm finished playing.

No comments: